September 21, 2012

a measure of happiness

"we tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing & appreciating what we do have. -frederick keonig

you may have already guessed that these beautiful people are also related to me but no that is not my sister although sometimes people think that we could be which is quite the complement. this is my husbands older brother ben, my nephews caden & abram and my amazing sister-in-law jessica. we had to brave a little rain and mud for this session but ben showed up on time (miracle upon miracles), the boys did awesome, and everyone (me included) had a great time hanging out. these guys are just fun!! we had a great time hanging out at their house in north carolina playing pool and ping pong and trying to soak up every minute of our time together. we hope that one day on this crazy journey of life we will end up neighbors but until that day we will recognize and appreciate every single minute we spend in the beautiful mountains of north carolina with family.

5 comments:

Christine Hamrick said...

Adore these Holly! A gorgeous family (of course) in such a pretty spot. The one one them all laying on the quilt is my absolute fave. Hugs and kisses to Jess and her fam!

Brandy Jaggers said...

Fabulous job and gorgeous family!! I love all of these but the b&w of them all standing and looking at the camera in the middle? That one needs to be big on canvas hanging over the mantle...perfect!

Unknown said...

I love this family session! You did a great job. I love the one where the boys are watching them kiss in the background! AWESOME!!

Idie said...

I agree about the photo of the parents kissing. Adorable!

Julie Rivera Photography said...

I am very much a fan of the big B&W in the middle and the picture color one of the family on the blanket! Despite the weather difficulties, you created images that will long be favorites, I am sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...